“For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. ” — Jeremiah 29:11
Vision Board: Purpose!
Setting goals helps get a clear vision to accomplish! We take the time to do this with our business and this year I set up a day, away from our home, to do this with our family! They had no idea what was coming ;-).
What is a vision board... a daily reminder of your dreams and goals! This exercise helps you see the "big picture" and ultimate purpose for the year in actionable items. This guides making your decisions, and helps you focus on what you have decided is important to you and your family! It will also propel you to take action and help you achieve those goals!
Doing this as a family helped us discuss the desires of everyone's hearts and the why behind each goal. It also helps us hold each other accountable and band together to reach the goals as a family!
Setting The Scene
- Large Tagboard (all colors, Glitter included :-) local store or Hobby Lobby!
- A photo of yourself or your family for the center of your Vision Board (one for each board)
- Paper - Pen - Markers
- Glue Sticks - Tape
- Inspirational Stickers - We LOVED using these stickers!
- Magazines of various types (our local library collects these as donations and sells them for $0.10!) :)
- Of course a little Caribou Coffee + snacks for all!
Let's Get Started!
1. Define your goals for 2022 Ask yourself what you would like to accomplish. I've shared some ideas for those areas below! We had each person fill this out for their life!
- Bucket List Items
2. Find your inspiration! Each person went through the magazines and stickers to collect images or sayings that represented those goals!
3. Map out + design your vision board! Glue your photo (or family photo) to the center on a tagboard + collage the rest of your items to form your vision board!
4. Explain your board to the other family members! This helps with encouragement and accountability!
5. FINAL STEP - so important! Hang your vision board where you will see it DAILY! We hung ours in all of our bedroom closets!
The amazing thing will be to look at your board 01.01.23 and realize all of things you accomplished that seemed impossible at the beginning of the year!
We would love if you shared your goals below or even your boards with us over in our Inherit Insider | Shop Joy group here!
Check out a fun behind the scenes video of our day!
Michelle Bowden on
Shannon! Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to share your frustrations but how it moved towards goals + removed the stress that comes with putting all of those “obligations” on you! God really does move through so many people, so happy to hear from you. <3
Inherit Co. on
Shannon Bardwell on